2D drawing and 2D drafting software
Autodesk software for 2D drafting and 2D drawing helps you create and edit technical drawings, as well as annotate designs. Drafters frequently use these tools to develop floor plans, building permit drawings, building inspection plans, and hard landscaping layouts.
AutoCAD software for 2D drafting can help you:
- Increase productivity and accelerate the mechanics of drafting a design, eliminating the need for stencils and technical drawing instruments.
- Develop site plans, refine concepts, sketch technical drawings, and share your ideas.
- Customize templates and drawings more precisely.
- Collaborate with colleagues and clients using other compatible Autodesk software products.
- Create, send, and receive compatible data files when using genuine DWG file formats to collaborate with clients and associates.
Many types of drafters use Autodesk software to create drafting plans and technical drawings. Autodesk offers specialized versions of AutoCAD software for a number of industries including architecture, electrical, mechanical, engineering, and plumbing.
All AutoCAD products support the DWG file format, so you can easily review 2D drawings in 3D programs. Download a free* trial of one of our 2D drafting software programs below, and experience it for yourself.
Transition from 2D to 3D drafting software
Looking for more? Learn about Autodesk’s 3D drafting software.
* Free products are subject to the terms and conditions of the end-user license and services agreement that accompanies the software.