2D Drafting & 2D Drawing Software
Autodesk software for 2D drafting and 2D drawing helps you create technical drawings, edit, and annotate designs. 2D drafting tools are frequently used for the development of floorplans, building permit drawings, building inspection plans, and hard landscaping layouts.
Autodesk® AutoCAD® software for 2D drafting can help you:
- Increase productivity and accelerate the mechanics of drafting a design—eliminating the need for stencils and technical drawing instruments.
- Develop site plans, refine concepts, sketch technical drawings and share your ideas.
- Customize templates and drawings with more precision.
- Collaborate with colleagues and clients using other compatible Autodesk software products.
- Create, send, and receive compatible data files when using genuine DWG file formats to collaborate with clients and associates.
Many types of drafters use Autodesk software to create innovative drafting plans and technical drawings. In order to aid in sketching diagrams and technical drawings, Autodesk offers an AutoCAD software with drafting tools for several industries. These industries include architecture, electrical, mechanical, engineering and plumbing. Thousands of symbols, and design and drafting functions are designed to common features within each of these industries.
Each AutoCAD product is compatible ,and you can review 2D drawings in 3D programs using the DWG™ file format. Choose a 2D drafting software program below and test drive a free* trial to experience it for yourself.
Featured Software for 2D Drafting
Design and shape the world around you with the powerful, flexible features found in AutoCAD® design and documentation software, one of the world’s leading 2D and 3D CAD tools. Speed documentation, share, and explore ideas more intuitively in 3D.
Free Trial | Buy Online
AutoCAD LT® software for 2D drafting and detailing helps you simplify daily tasks with features designed to help boost productivity and full DWG native file format compatibility. Get started right away with a user-friendly interface, and get help increasing your productivity with easy-to-find commands.
Free Trial | Buy Online
Transitioning from 2D to 3D Drafting Software
AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite
The AutoCAD® Inventor LT™ Suite delivers AutoCAD LT® and Autodesk® Inventor LT™ software together at a remarkable value, providing a cost-effective way to introduce 3D mechanical design into your 2D workflows.
Learn More | Free Trial
Looking for more? Learn about Autodesk's 3D drafting software solutions.
* Free products are subject to the terms and conditions of the end-user license and services agreement that accompanies the software.