Resetting Map® 3D 2006 to default user settings
You want to reset Map® 3D 2006 to the default settings for a particular user.
To reset the Map® 3D 2006 default user settings, you must first delete the user's application files and registry entries for the program.
Important! Be sure to backup any customized Map 3D 2006 files before implementing the following procedure.
- Log on to the computer as the user whose settings you want to reset.
- Click Start menu (Windows) > Run.
- In the Run dialog box, enter regedit
- In the Registry Editor, locate the following subkey and delete it:
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Using Windows Explorer, locate and delete the following user's application folders:
Restart Map 3D 2006.
- C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Map 3D 2006
- C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Map 3D 2006
When the product is opened, the files and folders that were deleted will be recreated by the secondary installer.
Warning! Problems caused by improperly editing the Windows registry could render your computer operating system unusable. Microsoft provides a wealth of critical information that you need to know about the registry in the Microsoft Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/support.
Use the Microsoft® Registry Editor only at your own risk and only after backing up the registry as well as the system.dat and user.dat files as outlined for your operating system in the Microsoft Knowledge Base and in the related solution, TS66513. Additional information about the registry is also contained in the Help topics in the Microsoft Registry Editor.