Hotfix - Child Effectivity Greater Then Parent and XML Item Import Errors
An item cannot be released during a state change operation with the error dialog 'Bulk operation failed'. The reason listed in the dialog is 'Child item 'file name' cannot have an effectivity date greater than parent item 'parent name''.
When importing an XML file a problem may be encountered where the import locks up. This update resolves this issue and allows the import to complete successfully.
When performing an assign item the first dialog shown is slow to appear. This update improves the display of this dialog.
In a continuing effort to provide high quality products, Autodesk has released this Productstream server hotfix which addresses these issues:
- An error with a child item having an effectivity date greater than its parent item. This is a separate issue from TS1057531.
- Unable to import an XML file to create items.
- Provides a performance improvement for Item Assign
Note: This hotfix replaces TS1062375. It is strongly recommended that users who have previously installed TS1062375 install this hotfix.
Warning: A migration of the database must be performed after applying this patch. See instructions below.
- Begin with Autodesk Data Management Server R5.0 SP1 (Productstream) installed.
- Open Vault Manager and make sure all databases are fully migrated to the latest version. If not, please migrate them before proceeding.
- Close the Vault Manager application.
- Download the TS1067807.zip hotfix.
- Extract the file into a temporary directory.
- Double-click on TS1067807.exe to install the update.
- Open a command prompt and navigate to the installed location of Connectivity.VaultManager.exe. This is normally installed in the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Data Management Server 5\Vault Manager directory.
- Run Vault Manager b2bmigrate operation in command line mode: Ex: Connectivity.VaultManager.Exe -Ob2bmigrate -DBUsa -DBPAutodeskVault (the last two cmdline parameters are required only if the ‘sa’ password is not the default “AutodeskVault” password)
- When the 'migration successful' dialog displays the hotfix is complete.