Upgrading Autodesk Network License Manager (FLEXlm®)
You would like to know how to upgrade the Autodesk Network License Manager (FLEXlm®).
To upgrade the Network License Manager (FLEXlm®).
- Launch the current version of LMTOOLS.
- On the Start/Stop/Reread tab, click Stop Server.
- On the Config Services tab, click Remove Service and confirm your choice.
- Close LMTOOLS.
- On the Start menu (Windows), click Settings > Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Add or Remove Programs, select the Autodesk Network License Manager and click Remove.
- In Windows Explorer, delete any remaining folders from the Autodesk Network License Manager installation. Note: Be sure to back up and save any license files, options files or 3rd party vendor daemons before you delete this folder.
- Install the latest version of the Autodesk Network License Manager and configure. For details on this procedure, refer to the Autodesk Network Administrator's Guide (NAG) located on your product installation media.
Note: This procedure can be performed without affecting users who are running the software, provided the entire procedure is completed within a reasonable amount of time (20-30 minutes). However, during this procedure new users will be unable to acquire licenses. If this interruption is unacceptable, you might consider doing this upgrade when users will not need licenses.