Opening drawings with Civil 3D® 2006
IssueYou wanted to open a drawing in Civil 3D® 2006 from Windows Explorer, but you were not able to find the option on the file's shortcut menu.
To resolve this issue
- In Windows Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
- In the Folder Options dialog box, click the File Types tab.
- On the File Types tab, under Registered file types, select DWG format. Click Advanced.
- In the Edit File Type dialog box, under Actions, select Open. Click Edit.
- In the Editing Action for Type dialog box, click Browse.
- In the Open With dialog box, select the application you would like to use to open this type of file. For example, "C:\Program Files\Autodesk Civil 3D 2006\acad.exe" "%1".
- Click OK to close each dialog box.
You will now be able to use Civil 3D® 2006 to open the file from the shortcut menu.