Cannot launch AutoCAD® LT
You successfully installed AutoCAD® LT. When you tried to launch the application, the program failed to start but no error messages were displayed.
To resolve this issue, exclude AutoCAD® LT from Microsoft's Data Execution Prevention. Follow these steps:
- On the Start menu (Windows), click Settings > Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click System.
- In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
- On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.
- In the Performance Options dialog box, click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
- Select the Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select option.
- Click the Add button.
- In the Open dialog box, locate the AutoCAD LT execution file, aclt.exe. (the default location is C:\Program Files\AutoCAD LT 2006).
- Select the file and click Open. Note: You will see a Not Applicable option. Ignore this option. If you see this, it means you are following the procedure correctly.
- Click OK to close each dialog box.
- Reboot your computer.
You should now be able to start AutoCAD LT.