Creating a point in Civil 3D® using Northing and Easting
IssueYou want to create a point using Northing and Easting.
To create a point with Northing and Easting in Civil 3D®, you first need to create a point as an AutoCAD point command, and then you need to convert it to a Civil 3D point. Follow these steps:
- Switch the workspace to Map 3D.
- Open Map Explorer.
- In Map Explorer, right-click on the current drawing. Click Track coordinates.
- At the command prompt, enter POINT.
- Pass the X (Easting) and Y (Northing) coordinates through the coordinate tracker. Click Digitize. The point will be created in the designated location.
- Switch the workspace to Civil 3D.
- Assign a Z Elevation to the point using the Properties pallet.
- Use the DDPTYPE command to enlarge the point size.
- On the Points menu, click Create Points.
- On the Miscellaneous: Manual drop-down menu, click Convert AutoCAD points.
- The points will be created in AEC point.