Manager not responding in Backburner when using first available manager
IssueThe following warnings may appear when using backburner Server with the "Use first available" Manager Connection Behavior preference:
WRN Could not find a Manager. Will keep trying...
WRN Manager is not responding
By default, the backburner
Server is configured with a class C subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. Should the Manager reside on a class A or B subnet mask, the Server will not be able to connect to it.
You can determine your subnet mask with the Windows ipconfig
- Open the Run dialog by clicking Windows Start > Run
- Type: cmd and then press the 'Enter' key
- This will open the command prompt window
- Type: ipconfig and then press the 'Enter' key
- Make a note of the subnet mask, and close the command prompt window.
Set the backburner
Server preferences to match the Manager's subnet mask and then relaunch the Server in order for the changes to take effect.