Use hardware acceleration to improve 3D graphics performance
You want to improve 3D graphics performance by using hardware acceleration.
If you have a video card that supports OpenGL, you can increase graphics performance and productivity when working with 3D models by turning on hardware acceleration. However, some video cards and drivers that support OpenGL may not be compatible with AutoCAD when hardware acceleration is turned on. This incompatibility may result in unexpected problems with AutoCAD. It is important to toggle hardware acceleration on and off to test for optimized working conditions in your environment.
To turn on hardware acceleration:
- On the Applications menu (big "A", top left), click Options.
- In the Options dialog box, System tab, under 3D Performance, click the Performance Settings button.
- In the 3D Graphics System Configuration dialog box, Select Manual Tune.
- In Manual Performance Tuning dialog box, toggle "enable hardware acceleration" button at the top on/off to optimize performance within your environment.
- Click OK, then again OK, and then click Apply & Close.