Error attempting to run AutoCAD®-based programs in Windows Diagnostic mode
When attempting to run an AutoCAD® 2005 or 2006-based application in Windows Diagnostic mode, you receive the following error message and the program will not run:
A license system error has occured. You must uninstall and reinstall this product to initialize the license management system. If this problem continues, contact your system administrator or authorized Autodesk product dealer. Error [1.1.98]
AutoCAD® and AutoCAD-based products rely on a licensing service to function properly. This licensing service is disabled as part of Diagnostic mode. In order to run the product successfully, you must enable the Autodesk Licensing Service after choosing Diagnostic Startup. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Start menu, click Run.
- Enter msconfig, and click OK.
- In the System Configuration Utility, General tab, select Diagnostic Startup.
- On the Services tab, select Autodesk Licensing Service.
- Click Apply, and then click Close.
- When prompted, restart the the computer.
When the computer restarts you should be able to run the product
Note: The Autodesk Licensing Service is enabled to start when the computer boots into Normal Startup mode. Do not manually adjust this setting when running the product in Normal Startup mode.