Mechanical Desktop® 5 Object Enabler for use with 3D Studio VIZ® R3 or Release 3i
The AutoCAD Mechanical Desktop 5 Object Enabler for 3D Studio VIZ is a freeware application that allows object data created in AutoCAD Mechanical Desktop 5 to be viewed in 3D Studio VIZ Release 3 or Release 3i. If you do not intend to use File Link to import AutoCAD Mechanical Desktop 5 files into 3D Studio VIZ Release 3 or Release 3i, Autodesk Product Support does not recommend that you install the AutoCAD Mechanical Desktop 5 Object Enabler for 3D Studio VIZ.
Important: During the installation of this Object Enabler you will be prompted to select the product you wish to install the Mechanical Desktop Object Enabler on to. It is extremely important that you do not select AutoCAD 2005 (or any AutoCAD 2005-based application). If you do select AutoCAD 2005 (or an AutoCAD 2005-based product), attempts to launch this application will produce an error message similar to the following:
acad.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point ?addLinksG1Continuity@AcGeImpCompositeCurve3d@@QAEXN&Z could not be located in the dynamic link library AcGe16.dll.
- Download the AutoCAD Mechanical Desktop 5 Object Enabler for 3D Studio VIZ self-extracting executable (MDT5OE-VIZ3.exe) to a location on your computer.
- Close all Windows applications, including sessions of 3D Studio VIZ before commencing the installation.
- In Windows Explorer, browse to the location of the executable file downloaded in step 1, and double-click this file.
- Follow the onscreen installation instructions until you get to the Directory Location dialog box.
- Manually change the destination directory (click Browse and select the path to the 3D Studio VIZ installation directory). If you are not sure where 3D Studio VIZ is installed, use the Windows Explorer Find tool and search for a file named 3dsviz.exe, which resides in the 3D Studio VIZ installation directory
- Continue with the remainder of the installation procedure.