Number of licenses required to run more than one session of Autodesk® software
IssueYou want to determine how many licenses are required from the Autodesk® Network License Manager to run more than one Autodesk® software product session on a system that uses network licensing.
Only one license is used when running more than one session of a network-enabled Autodesk product on a client workstation.
For FLEXlm® based license management:
Using the Network License Manager, determine the server status.
- On the Start menu (Windows), click Programs > Autodesk License Manager > Tools > Lmtools.exe. (Depending on the release, the program group may be Autodesk> Network License Manager.)
- In the LMTOOLS dialog box, click the Server Status tab.
- Select the List All Active Licenses option, and then click Perform Status Enquiry.
A list of all active licenses is displayed when the status enquiry is complete.
Note: To get a more detailed report of license usage, use SAMreport-Lite. See related solutions for more information about SAMreport-Lite.
For Élan-based license management:
Using AdLM Query, you can view information about the shared license:
- On the Start menu (Windows), click Programs > Autodesk License Manager > AdLM Query.
- In the AdLM Query License Servers dialog box, select the Client Hold Time option.
- Click Clients.
Under CID, notice that multiple sessions of the Autodesk software are running and are sharing the same license. The Session ID is displayed under CID. You can also see the sequence of all open sessions. The License ID displays under LID. The License ID is the number of the license being used.