Error found in Event Viewer after attempt to start AdLM service: Invalid win32 application
You install the FLEXlm based version of the Autodesk® License Manager (AdLM) to a folder whose path contains spaces. However, you then find the license service fails to start; you open Windows® Event Viewer and see the following error message listed:
Invalid win32 application error
In some cases, installing the FLEXlm based version of the AdLM to a folder containing spaces causes the service to fail.
If this Event Viewer error message is found, use the following procedure to uninstall and reinstall the AdLM to a location without spaces in the path:
- Create a folder named flexadlm on drive C.
- Under this folder, create a folder named license.
- Start LMTOOLS, and click Configuration Using Services.
- On the Start/Stop/Reread tab, click Stop Server.
- On the Configure Services tab, select the service name, and click Remove Service.
- After the service has been removed, close LMTOOLS.
- Copy the files from the current install folder to the C:\flexadlm\ folder.
The default install folder is C:\Program Files\Autodesk License Manager\.
- Copy the files from the current license folder to the new license folder created in step 2.
The default license folder is C:\Program Files\Autodesk License Manager\License\.
- Start LMTOOLS.
- Reconfigure the service and start the license service. See related solution TS64756 for more information about this step.