Highlights of Issues Addressed in this Service Pack:(See release notes for full list)
• The area of fluid-fluid interfaces (and in a specific case, the solid-solid interface) computed by the Wall Calculator is double the actual area.
• The function that maps CFD results to FEA loads fails.
• It is not possible to export certain mesh or output files. An error message is issued, but the requested file is not saved.
• The surface temperature displayed on a Heat Exchanger Device after the simulation is complete incorrectly appears in Kelvin.
• Massed particle trace bounce data is not saved when the flag to enable it, write_trace_bounce_data, is enabled.CAD Connection
• The UGNX CAD connection now supports a direct launch in the same manner as Autodesk Simulation 2012. (Requires License Update)
• In SolidWorks 2012, CAD Connection Launchers are added in the "Office Products" tab as well as to the designated tabs. The result is duplicate launchers in the SolidWorks 2012 UI.
• Part Names are not transferred when an assembly is launched from SpaceClaim. All the parts come as "CAD Volume."
• A design that originated in Pro and launched through Granite is cloned. If the geometry in Pro/E is updated with parts substituted in the assembly from the original design, the cloned design in the CFD design study will not update when launched from Pro/E.
• When a multiple configuration launch is used to update a design study, the cloned designs do not update based on the modified design geometry
• Meshing fails for certain motion simulations that have contacting grouped parts and a specified initial position.Materials
• For certain materials, the vapor pressure displayed by the Material Editor is different from the value saved in the Material database.
• The displayed units of vapor pressure are incorrect when a material is saved in a custom database.Boundary Conditions
• Slip/Symmetry boundary conditions that not aligned to a Cartesian axis behave as non-slip walls instead of slip conditions.API
• A crash occurs when running a simulation using a Python script if the "solverComputer" parameter is not specified.
• It is not possible to change the 'continueFrom' Scenario property in a Python-based API script.Solver
• A crash occurs if the Thermal Comfort output quantity is enabled without also enabling the radiation solver.
• The memory footprint of the SimCFD executable grows substantially when switching between active scenarios. Also, the memory allocation increases when the UI is left open over a significant period of time.
• The first job submitted on a HPC cluster runs and finishes, but subsequent jobs in the queue do not start and remain in the queue. Such jobs do not appear in the HPC Cluster Manager Job Scheduler.
• A crash occurs before the first iteration completes when geometry tools are used to prepare the model for a Motion simulation.
• Flag settings that control Motion are not saved to the scenario when they are enabled.
• The description of the DRSmoothing flag in the Flag Manager is incorrect. To disable smoothing, a value of -2 is required, not 2.Installation
• Deployment installation fails with the following error: "The system cannot find the specified path when copying files from the install kit."
• Deployment installation fails with the following error: "1: 5 2: adlmPITSetProductInformation failed: 3: 26". The installation rolls back and fails.