How to download software from the Education Community using the Install Now method
You need help downloading student software from the Education Community using the Install Now method.
The Install Now method is the best way to get products up and running on your computer. This method downloads and installs the product simultaneousy and automatically enters your serial number and product key for automatic activation.
Recommended if you want to download, install and activate your software immediately to this computer.
Install Now is only available from the Autodesk Education Community and only for the 2013 versions of AutoCAD, Autodesk 3ds Max, Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Maya and Autodesk Revit.
Note: This download method does not support the Windows 8 Metro browser at this time.
To use the Install Now feature:
- Select the Product you want to download, choose your Version, Language and Operating System and then click Next.
Note: For Windows systems, 32-bit or 64-bit refers to the version of your operating system, which you can check by going to Control Panel > System . You must choose the correct version in order to use the software.
In the download method drop down, select Install Now.
Note: If you don't see "Install Now" as an option, then this method is not available for that particular product.
- Review and Accept the Autodesk License and Services Agreement then click Install.
- When the download starts, you may be prompted to click Run (Internet Explorer) or it may appear in your download window/bar (Chrome, Firefox or Safari), depending on your web browser.
When the download is complete, double-click the downloaded file or click Run again.
- When the Autodesk Product Installer appears, click Install.
- Your Serial number and Product Key are automatically entered. Select the products you want to install and click Install.
Note: The Installation Path shows the location where your Autodesk products will be saved. While you can customize the file path, we recommend using the default location.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish.
- Launch your Autodesk product by clicking the (product name).exe file located in the Installation Path mentioned above. For example, AutoCad 2013 - English as shown in the below image.
- Read the Autodesk Privacy Statement and click I Agree.
Your product is automatically activated and ready to use!