2014: Troubleshooting Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Job Manager Connectivity
You want to troubleshoot connectivity issues with respect to the Autodesk Simulation Moldflow job manager, the application that controls, distributes, and organizes analyses in Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight and Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Adviser. With each new release, the necessary communication changes slightly, to ensure legacy versions can continue to run as well.
First, we must ensure that the project and temporary directory for the programs are on the same network. Due to the high level of data and the need for constant communication, not being on the same network can severely restrict the necessary level of communication. With Insight, this is more complex as you are able to launch analyses to other machines, whereas in Adviser the analyses always run locally but can have their project directory on a separate drive. In any cases, the below directories must be on the same network:
Insight - My ASMI 2014 Projects:ASMI 2014 Temporary Files
Adviser - My ASMA 2014 Projects:ASMA 2014 Temporary Files
The type of network connection, such as VPN, can also restrict connection and is not supported. Should the machines or directories in question all exist on the same network, and have no restricted connection between them, machine and network firewalls can limit or prevent connection.
To address this, the programs and ports below need to be added to any form of network or machine security;
Insight - TCP 20327
Adviser - TCP 20641
- Insight - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Simulation Moldflow Insight\2014\bin\amijm.exe
- Adviser - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation Moldflow Adviser 2014\bin\amajm.exe
The procedure for addressing job manager connectivity is detailed below (Insight only);
- Remove desired job server specification from the job manager (Ctrl+J->Select Job Server->Right Click->Remove Server)
- Close Synergy
- Add ports/applications listed above to any security protocol configured on both machines (client and job server)
- Restart the job manager on both machines (Control Panel->Admin Tools->Services->Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight 2013 Job Manager->Restart)
- Open Synergy
- Open the job manager
- Add the desired job server specifying either hostname or IP to locate on the network
As there is only one machine in question for Adviser, simply add the necessary ports/applications and then reboot your system.