Simulation CFD 2013 – Deployment Instructions
Up and Ready Workaround
The deployment procedure documented below does not work for many customers.
The Up and Ready team has a well documented solution provided on their blog.
Please follow their procedure first. When this guideline is changed we will update this solution so that you know when you can implemented the normal deployment procedure.
You attempt to create a deployment and it fails to create the deployment or install from the network share. One of the following error messages are displayed during the deployment creation: The copy functions cannot be used. The system cannot open the device or file specified.
These errors can occur when creating a deployment from a machine running Windows 7 x64 editions (Enterprise, Ultimate, Professional, or Home Premium). To resolve this issue, create the deployment from a machine running Windows XP Professional x64 or Windows XP 32 bit editions (Professional or Home).
Prior to Creating Deployment ImageText Editor > Edit:
32-bit C:\Autodesk\Simulation_CFD_2013_MultiLingual_Win_32bit\Setup.iniSearch for “#==================== Deployment Info“ (Line 59)Remove “msi:” from EXTRA_FILES under Deployment Info
#==================== Deployment Info
On the host machine create a shared folder to create the deployment in, like \\HOSTNAME\Deploy
Creating a Deployment Image on HostDouble click the Setup Executable for Simulation CFDClick Create Deployment
- Deployment configuration name. Specify an appropriate name in relation to the product so multiple Autodesk deployments can be managed.
- Administrative image path. Specify a shared network location where you have Full Control permissions. Users (clients) will go to this path to install the programs.
- Target platform. Select either 32-bit or 64-bit to match the operating system of the computers that will use the deployment.
- Include only products required by this deployment configuration. If selected, the deployment cannot be modified in the future to include additional products. If unselected, the administrative image will include all possible products, and the deployment can be modified in the future in any way.
- Silent mode runs the installation in background, without user input.
Important In silent mode, the user's computer can restart automatically and without warning when the installation is complete.
- A log file records installation data for each computer.
- A network log file keeps a central record of installation data for all computers that run the deployment. It has the same name as your deployment, and must reside in a shared folder where users have Change permissions, so that their computers can write to the log file.
Click Next and Create…
Install Deployment on Client
- Open the shared network folder that contains the deployment on the client machine, for example: \\servername\Deploy
- In the shared folder, double-click on the Deployment shortcut, for example: SimCFD2013Deploy.ink