Resolving user specific issues by resetting AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012
You have a situation where a single user is experiencing an issue with a particular command or setting. When another user logs onto the same machine, they do not experience the same issue.
One of the easiest and quickest ways to resolve the issue for this particular user is to reset the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 settings for that user. To do this, follow these steps:
Important: Make sure you back up any customized Civil 3D 2012 files before you implement the following procedure and you will need admin privileges to do this.
1. Log on to the computer as that user.
2. On the Start menu (Windows), click Run.
3. In the Run dialog box, enter regedit.
4. In the Registry Editor, browse to the following key and delete it:
5. Close the Registry Editor.
6. Using Windows Explorer, browse to and delete the following user's application folders:
For Windows Vista and Windows 7
For Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2012
C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2012
7. Start AutoCAD Civil 3D. This will initiate the secondary installer, re-creating the deleted files and folders.
Problems caused by improperly editing the Windows registry could render your computer operating system unusable. Microsoft provides a wealth of critical information that you need to know about the registry in the Microsoft Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/support.
Use the Microsoft® Registry Editor only at your own risk and only after backing up the registry as well as the system.dat and user.dat files as outlined for your operating system in the Microsoft Knowledge Base and in the related solution, TS66513. Additional information about the registry is also contained in the Help topics in the Microsoft Registry Editor.