Autodesk 360 Cloud Credits FAQs
You have general questions about Autodesk 360 cloud credits.
1. What are cloud credits?
Cloud credits are the unit of measurement required to perform certain tasks, such as creating a rendering or running a simulation, in Autodesk ® 360 .
2. What Autodesk ® 360 products and services consume cloud credits?
for Service Metering
|Autodesk® Sim 360 Moldflow||Q1|| |
|Autodesk® Sim 360 Mechanical||Q1|| |
|Autodesk® Sim 360 CFD||Q1|| |
|Autodesk® Sim 360 RSA||Q1|| |
|Autodesk® InfraWorks 360||Q1||X|
Cloud Credits Allocations
1. How many cloud credits do I receive when I purchase Autodesk Subscription?
Users receive 100 cloud credits per license for every year of Subscription purchased. The cloud credit allocation is flat across all products and suites. For multi-year contracts, annual allocations are issued each year of the contract.
2. Is there any other way to get cloud credits?
Yes. Cloud credits are available for purchase from the Autodesk e-Store¹, Autodesk resellers and Autodesk direct sales.
¹ To purchase through e-Store, go to Sub Center or accounts.autodesk.com and select buy more cloud credits to a specific contract in order to purchase. This will take you through a guided e-Store experience.
3. What is the pricing for additional cloud credits?
Cloud credits are sold in packs of 100 for $100USD, based on US SRP.
The Suggested Retail Price (SRP) shown is Autodesk's suggested retail price for the specified product and services in the United States. The SRP does not include any allowance or provision for installation or taxes. The SRP is displayed for reference purposes only, as the actual retail price is determined by your reseller. Other terms and conditions may apply. Autodesk reserves the right to alter the SRP, product offerings, and specification of its products and services at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical, graphical, or other errors that may appear on this site.
4. Are all cloud credits measured the same?
Cloud credits have a value of "1". Different tasks require different amounts of cloud credits depending on the type and size of the task.
5. What are the usage rates for the different tasks that require cloud credits?
|Autodesk® Sim 360 Moldflow||20|
|Autodesk® Sim 360 Mechanical||15|
|Autodesk® Sim 360 CFD||15|
|Autodesk® Sim 360 RSA||5|
|Autodesk® InfraWorks 360||100¹|
¹ Autodesk InfraWorks360 vertical optimization feature 100 Cloud Credits per 5km of road thus variable by length.
6. What does Variable mean? 1-100 (referencing the usage rate)
Variable provides options, such as quality and size, for how their job is run will impact the price of a job when using a service. For example a large, high quality rendering will have a higher usage rate than a low quality, small image. This price will depend on the service.
7. Are cloud credits pooled (combined) at the contract level?
Yes. Cloud Credits are allocated per license and will aggregate at a contract level.
8. How can I allocate cloud credits to users within our organizations?
Cloud credits can be turned on and off for a specific user by service. However, a specific number of credits cannot be allocated to a particular user. Cloud credits cannot be allocated at the user level.
9. Who can purchase more cloud credits?
The Contract Administrator can purchase cloud credits.
10. How will I know how many cloud credits I have available and where will I find out how many cloud credits are consumed?
Contract Managers and Software Coordinators will be able to view the usage report in My Account and Subscription Center.
11. How are we alerted (Contract admin/Software Coordinator/End User) that we are reaching a cap?
My Accounts and Subscription Center will indicate the cloud credit usage. Some services will provide in-canvas notification.
12. What happens to our cloud credits when/if our Subscription or cloud service contract ends?
Any cloud credits they have left over at the conclusion of a contract will expire and are not usable.
12. Is there a grace period for replenishing cloud credits if we use all of our cloud credits?
1. Which services meter (track) cloud credit usage?
All cloud services that consume cloud credits are metered. This means as cloud credits are used, they will be removed from the allocation of cloud credits. Once all the cloud credits have been used, services requiring cloud credits will no longer function unless additional cloud credits are purchased.
|Autodesk® Sim 360 Moldflow|
|Autodesk® Sim 360 Mechanical|
|Autodesk® Sim 360 CFD|
|Autodesk® Sim 360 RSA|
|Autodesk® InfraWorks 360|
For all other cloud services included with a Subscription or service agreement, Autodesk® 360 services can be used—at no extra cost—until the end of the current contract or until otherwise notified by Autodesk® (either directly or through our products or services) that cloud credits are available for purchase to run that service, whichever happens first. For example: Green Building Studio, Recap Photo.
2. What will the introduction of cloud credits mean to users that have consumed jobs?
All users will have an allocation reset. As of April 12, all contracts will be recalculated for cloud credits issued to them by product or service.
3. What if I have already purchased additional jobs?
Customers will have their purchased jobs converted to Cloud Credits and they will be added to their contract upon customer’s request.
Example: SIM360 customer bought 100 jobs they would need to be given (100 jobs X 15 credits) = 1500 cloud credits
4. What is the transition plan to cloud credits for users who currently have jobs?
Customers who currently have jobs will be issued a full allocation of cloud credits (regardless of where their job usage stands) on April 12 for qualifying services.
5. What if I originally buy from a reseller and then need more cloud credits, can additional cloud credits be bought through e-Store or Autodesk, or do I have to buy them through the Autodesk ® Authorized Reseller?
You can purchase cloud credits via: E-Store through Subscription Center or My Accounts An Autodesk ® Authorized Reseller
6. Can I get a return cloud credit purchases for a refund?
7. Can I transfer my cloud credits?
8. If a job/task fails can I get a refund?
If the system recognizes that the job has failed, the system will automatically refund the cloud credits to the contract that they were consumed against.
9. What happens if I am late with my renewal?
Once the contract is current, you will receive your cloud credits allocation based on your licenses on subscription. Once contracts are updated to cloud credits from jobs, some may have fewer cloud credits than they had of jobs. Please contact your account representative for more questions if you are missing cloud credits you should have been credited.
Autodesk®, AutoCAD®, Autodesk® Sim 360 Moldflow, Autodesk ® Sim 360 Mechanical, Autodesk ® Sim 360 CFD, Autodesk ® Sim 360 RSA, Autodesk ® InfraWorks 360, Autodesk® Inventor, Autodesk® Revit are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document. ©2013 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.