My ribbons are gone/ribbons not loading panels
When launching Civil 3D, program does not load ribbons or following message is displayed “The Ribbon does not have any tabs or panels currently loaded” on the ribbon’s placeholder.
The issue with missing ribbons is most likely caused by program’s failure to load workspace or corruption in CUI(x) files. There are two scenarios you may try to resolve this issue:
Try switching workspaces and then switching it back to Civil 3D workspace. This may reload your workspace with ribbons.
1. Click on gear-looking icon on your status bar and click on a down-pointing triangle
2. Select any of the available workspaces and load it
3. Click on the icon once again and this time select “Civil 3D”
4. When Civil 3D workspace containing all ribbons show up then save it
5. Type WSSAVE to overwrite Civil 3D workspace (or click on gear-like icon and Save Current As)
If this does not help ensure that CUI(x) file is properly loaded by running CUILOAD command and by loading C3D.CUIx file.
In command line type CUILOAD
In Load/Unload Customizations dialog click on Browse button
Browse to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D <version number>\enu\Support\C3D.CUIx file
Select it and click Open
Back in Load/Unload Customizations dialog click on Load button and close dialog