2011: How to perform an automated uninstallation of AutoCAD
IssueYou want an automated method for completely removing AutoCAD 2011 and related plug-ins from a system.
The provided VBScript will detect and uninstall 32-bit or 64-bit versions of English AutoCAD 2011 and language pack. It will also provide the option to uninstall the following plug-ins (if found):
- AutoCAD 2011 Subscription Advantage Pack
- AutoCAD WS plug-in for AutoCAD 2011
- AutoCAD 2011 VBA Enabler
If you have multiple AutoCAD 2011-based products installed, these modules may be in use by more than just AutoCAD 2011. Do not uninstall them if they could be in use elsewhere.
The VBScript will then remove folders and registry keys related to the uninstalled product and plug-ins.
- Although this script has been tested on multiple operating systems and environments without issue, it is provided "as-is" and with no implied warranty or guarantee. Please read the disclaimer at the top of the script and use at your own discretion.
- This script only uninstalls the English version of AutoCAD 2011. No other products or languages (including AutoCAD-based verticals) will be removed.
- We strongly recommend backing up any custom files before proceeding.
- Disable any Anti-virus that may be running on your machine before running the script.
- Ensure you are a Administrator on your machine before running this script.
- The above script does not remove the Autodesk Material Libraries as these may be shared with other Autodesk 2011 products. If you wish to uninstall the Material Libraries, please use the standard uninstall methods.
- After the script is finished, it is a good idea to reboot your system to help ensure complete cleanup.
If you would like information on manually uninstalling AutoCAD, please refer to the following solutions: