2011: Palettes and palette icons are not visible when AutoCAD for Mac is launched
When you launch AutoCAD 2011 for Mac, the toolset or other palettes are either missing or unable to display the icons:
The following steps have been successful in resolving this issue:
- Close AutoCAD for Mac and verify that it is not running.
- Open a Terminal window (the Terminal app is typically found in the /Applications/Utilities folder).
- Type cd "/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents" and press return.
- Type sudo ./copyreg.sh "/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app" and press return.
- At the Password prompt, enter the admin password and press return (you will not see the password echoed).
- Quit the Terminal application.
Note: In steps 2 and 3, the path to AutoCAD.app assumes the default installation location. If you have installed AutoCAD for Mac to a different location, substitute the appropriate path.
The Terminal operation should look something like this:
After completing these steps, you should be able to launch AutoCAD for Mac and see the palettes and palette icons.