Convert Point Block References to Civil Points
You have received your Points in drawing file but they show up as Block Reference in Properties. You would like to create Surface from these points and would like to have them be Civil Points.
To convert these Block References to Civil Points user first needs to explode these objects. After the explode these points will become AutoCAD points. AutoCAD points can be easily converted into Civil Points. Here are the steps:
1. Select one of the Point Block References on your screen, right-click on it and use Select Similar (this will select all objects with similar properties)
2. Type X (or EXPLODE) in command line to explode all selected objects. (this will also create AutoCAD Points)
3. If you see FEATURE_CODE entries showing on the screen, select one and repeat Select Similar command
4. Hit Delete button to delete FEATURE_CODES (these are attribute definitions which you don't need). Your points should be intact.
In the next step you need to edit Create Point Command Settings to avoid being prompted to manually insert point information.
5. From Home ribbon click on Points>Points Creation Tools
6. In Create Points dialog expand Points Creation and set "Prompt fro Elevations", "Prompt For Point Names" and "Prompt For Description" to Automatic.
7. Then from the same Dialog box choose "Convert AutoCAD Points" and when prompted to select point type: All
8. Go to Prospector tab, select Points and confirm in detail view or Point Editor that points are converted.