Reinitiating secondary installer for AutoCAD® Map 3D 2010
To reset the default AutoCAD® Map 3D 2010 user settings, you want to reinitiate the secondary installer.
To reset the AutoCAD® Map 3D 2010 default user settings, you must first delete your application files and registry entries for the program. Follow these steps:
Note: Make sure that you back up any customized AutoCAD Map 3D 2010 files before starting this procedure.
1. Click Start menu (Windows) > Run.
2. In the Run dialog box, enter regedit
3. In the Registry Editor, browse to the following subkey and delete it:
(Where xyz are numbers and characters that vary depending on the installed language version of AutoCAD Map 3D 2010)
4. Close the Registry Editor.
5. Using Windows Explorer, browse to and delete the following user's application folders:
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2010
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2010
C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2010
C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2010
6. Start AutoCAD Map 3D 2010. This will initiate the secondary installer, recreating the deleted files and folders.
Warning! Problems caused by improperly editing the Windows registry could render your computer operating system unusable. Microsoft provides a wealth of critical information that you need to know about the registry in the Microsoft Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/support.
Use the Microsoft® Registry Editor only at your own risk and only after backing up the registry as well as the system.dat and user.dat files as outlined for your operating system in the Microsoft Knowledge Base and in the related solution, TS66513. Additional information about the registry is also contained in the Help topics in the Microsoft Registry Editor.