Resetting user settings for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010
There are situations where only one user is experiencing issues with particular commands or settings. When another user logs on to the same CAD station, however, they do not experience these issues.
This situation indicates corruption or unwanted changes in the user profile. The quickest way to resolve this issue is to reinitiate the secondary installer and reset the user settings to their defaults.
To reset the AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2010 user settings for a particular user, follow these steps:
Important! Make sure you back up any customized Civil 3D 2010 files before you implement the following procedure.
- Log on to the computer as that user.
- Click Start menu (Windows) > Run.
- In the Run dialog box, enter regedit
- In the Registry Editor, browse to the following subkey and delete it:
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Using Windows Explorer, browse to and delete the following user's application folders:
Windows Vista / Windows 7
- C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2010
- C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\C3D 2010
- C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2010
- C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2010
- Start AutoCAD Civil 3D. This will initiate the secondary installer, recreating the deleted files and folders.
Warning! Problems caused by improperly editing the Windows registry could render your computer operating system unusable. Microsoft provides a wealth of critical information that you need to know about the registry in the Microsoft Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/support.
Use the Microsoft® Registry Editor only at your own risk and only after backing up the registry as well as the system.dat and user.dat files as outlined for your operating system in the Microsoft Knowledge Base and in the related solution, TS66513. Additional information about the registry is also contained in the Help topics in the Microsoft Registry Editor.