Error: This installation is forbidden by system policy - msxml6.msi
When you tried to install AutoCAD®, the installation failed with the following error message:
This installation is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system
You may also receive the following error message:
This error message indicates that a newer version of MSXML 6 is already installed on your computer.
To install AutoCAD without receiving this error, follow these steps:
- Copy the installation files to a folder on your hard disk.
- In this folder, locate the setup.ini file and save a copy of this file named setup.ini.OLD.
- Open the setup.ini file with a text editor such as Microsoft® Notepad.
- Scroll down until you find the paragraph headed [MSXML].
- Remove the entire paragraph headed [MSXML] so that the remaining file content in this section is now as follows:
PRODUCT_NAME=DirectX 9.0 Runtime
EXE_PATH=support\flash\Install Flash Player 9 ActiveX.msi
- Scroll down further to the paragraph headed [ACAD]
- In the line that begins with "PREREQUISITE=..." delete the entry "MSXML" so that the line is now as follows:
- Save the changes and close the setup.ini file.
- Run the installation by double-clicking the setup.exe file that is located in the same folder as the modified setup.ini file.