Changes to network licensing for AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite 2009.1
IssueYou want to know how the new AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite 2009.1, which includes AutoCAD Architecture, affects network licensing.
For AutoCAD® and Revit® Architecture included in AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite 2009.1:
- AutoCAD and Revit Architecture are not affected by the changes to the suite.
For AutoCAD® Architecture included in AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite 2009.1:
- AutoCAD Architecture included with the new AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite 2009.1 uses a FLEXlm® feature code that is different from the stand-alone version of AutoCAD Architecture. For additional information regarding FLEXlm feature codes, refer to solution TS65935.
- An installation of AutoCAD Architecture that was not installed from the new suite will not be able to use an AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite License.
- The suite version of AutoCAD Architecture will first use a suite license if it is already in use on the computer on which AutoCAD Architecture is started. If AutoCAD Architecture cannot use a license that is in use on the computer, it will attempt to obtain an AutoCAD Architecture license from the license server. If an AutoCAD Architecture license is not available on the server, then AutoCAD Architecture will attempt to obtain a suite license.
- To use network licensing with the new suite, you will need to obtain a new license file for your suite licenses to replace your existing suite licenses. See the last item for more information.
Be sure to combine your license files correctly, by removing the old suite PLIST increment and replacing it with the new one. The PLIST increment has been changed for the new suite in order to allow cascading to occur for the new suite-based version of AutoCAD Architecture.
For more information and instructions on combining license files, refer to solution TS65928.
- As a benefit for Subscription customers, package license files are available for the new AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite 2009.1. However, previous versions of AutoCAD Architecture cannot obtain a license from these package license files, because previous versions of the AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite did not contain AutoCAD Architecture. You will need to obtain a prior version license file for AutoCAD Architecture in order to use this benefit. See the last item for more information.
- To obtain a license file, use the Network Activation utility included with the product or contact the Autodesk Business Center at the following web page: www.autodesk.com/register.