To uninstall AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2009 and remove any remnants of this product from the system, follow these steps:
Important! Back up any existing custom Civil 3D 2009 files before you implement the following procedures.
To uninstall AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009
- Click Start menu (Windows) > Settings > Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, open Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP), or Programs and Features (Windows Vista).
- In the Add or Remove Programs (Programs and Features) dialog box, select the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009 product and click Add/Remove (for Windows XP, click Remove).
- Click Yes when prompted to confirm that you want to completely remove the application and all of its components.
- If you are prompted to remove shared files, click No to All, and then click Yes when prompted for confirmation to proceed.
- After the uninstall procedure has completed, click OK.
- Restart the computer.
To remove any remaining AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009 files
- Using Windows Explorer, delete the following Civil 3D 2009 installation folder:
Windows XP and Vista (32-bit)
C:\Program Files\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009
Windows XP and Vista (64-bit)
C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009
Note: If your operating system is configured to store the Program Files folder on a drive other than the C drive, adjust the file path accordingly.
- Delete the following folders:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2009
- C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2009
- C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2009
- C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2009
- C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\C3D 2009
- C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009
Note: You need to delete these folders for each Windows user account.
To remove any Civil 3D 2009 entries that remain in the Windows registry
Warning! Problems caused by improperly editing the Windows registry could render your computer operating system unusable. Microsoft provides a wealth of critical information that you need to know about the registry in the Microsoft Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/support.
Use the Microsoft® Registry Editor only at your own risk and only after backing up the registry as well as the system.dat and user.dat files as outlined for your operating system in the Microsoft Knowledge Base and in the related solution, TS66513. Additional information about the registry is also contained in the Help topics in the Microsoft Registry Editor.
- Log on to the computer as a member of the Local Administrators group.
- Click Start menu (Windows) > Run.
- In the Run dialog box, enter regedit and click OK.
- In the Registry Editor, locate the following subkeys and delete them:
Close the Registry Editor.Restart the computer.
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009 has now been completely removed from your computer.
Before reinstalling AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009
- In Windows Explorer, delete the contents of your Windows Temp folder. You can locate the Temp folder by entering %TEMP% in the Address bar of Windows Explorer.
- Use the End Task feature to end any anti-virus programs.
Note: Disabling anti-virus programs from the system tray may not be sufficient. Virus checking programs may block certain activities that are seen as suspicious (for example, accessing the registry, adding, removing, and updating DLL files, and so on), even though these activities are common when installing or removing programs.
Several anti-virus programs can be disabled by right-clicking the taskbar icon and selecting Disable from the shortcut menu. For more information about disabling your anti-virus software, refer to the vendor of that software.
Important! It is important that you not only disable the anti-virus software but also use the End Task feature to end the anti-virus software.
To verify that an anti-virus program is not running in the background as a TSR (Terminate and Stay Resident Program)
- Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE.
- Click Task Manager.
- In Task Manager, click the Processes tab.
- Select the process for the anti-virus program, and then click End Process.
Now, you can reinstall AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009 on the computer.