Error 1308 or 1311 during software installation
During the installation of your product, you received a 1308 or 1311 error indicating that the installer is unable to locate a specific file. This error may be displayed on the screen or located in the installation log file.
AutoCAD <Version> - Error 1308. Source File not found: <Path>\<Filename>. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.
This error message indicates that a file cannot be found on the installation media or in the deployment location. You should refer to the applicable solution below to resolve this issue.
For standalone installations perform the following test:
- Create a folder on the local hard drive.
- Copy the contents of the software installation disk to this location.
- Note: If you are installing a product that has multiple installation disks, copy all the disks into the same folder. You may be prompted to overwrite files during this process. Click Yes To All to merge the disks into a single installation folder.
If you receive an error when copying the files, either the installation disk is dirty/damaged or the disk drive in your computer is unable to read the disk. You should repeat the test on a second computer:
- If the disk copy fails on a second computer, you'll need to request replacement product media.
- If the disk copies correctly on a second computer, it indicates that there is a problem with the CD or DVD drive in the first computer. You should contact your hardware support professional.
For client installations from a network or multi-seat standalone deployment:
Analyze the filename and location indicated in the error message. Locate this file in the deployment folder.
- If this file does not exist in the deployment folder, it indicates that the deployment is corrupt or incomplete. You should delete, and then recreate the deployment. Be sure to disable virus protection and close all open programs during the deployment creation process.
- If this file exists in the deployment folder, you should try to manually copy it to the client workstation. If you receive an error when you try to copy or access this file, it indicates that there is a network, server or permissions problem with the deployment folder. Contact your network administrator or IT professional for additional assistance.
- Note: AutoCAD 2008 and newer versions allow for a network installation directly from the CD/DVD media. If only one client machine is experiencing the failure, this can be an alternative to troubleshooting or recreating a deployment problem.