Errors using the Portable License Utility (PLU)
When you tried to use the Portable License Utility (PLU) to transfer your standalone license, you received an error message.
Common Portable License Utility (PLU) questions and errors are listed below. Try these solutions first, and then review further instructions if the problem persists.
If you are unable to resolve the Portable License Utility (PLU) error using this information, the following suggestions will help you recover the license and avoid these issues in the future:
- If the license has become "lost" or "broken" while you were using the Portable License Utility (PLU), it is very easy to repair. Use one of the following options:
- Start the AutoCAD-based software on the computer where you were attempting to transfer the license. Follow the prompts to activate the software online or contact our Activations and Registration Team at 800-551-1490.
- Start the AutoCAD-based software on the machine that you were attempting to transfer the license from. This will put the software into a fully functional 24 hour grace period mode after which you can obtain a new activation code online or by contacting the Activations and Registration Team at 800-551-1490.
- If you are using the Portable License Utility (PLU) to transfer licenses from your office computer to your home computer, you may be eligible to fully activate the software on both machines (circumventing the need for the PLU). Refer to the End User License Agreement or contact your Autodesk sales representative for additional information.
If you worked through the standard troubleshooting steps without resolving the issue, follow this link (http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1076646) for additional technical assistance.
Please collect this information from your systems before requesting technical assistance:
- Screenshots of any error messages encountered
- Adlm*.err file from %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2008\R17.1\ADLM
- Note: This path will vary depending on the specific product and versions. For Revit, this file is called LicenseErrorLog.txt and can be found in the Program subdirectory of the installation location.