Recommended uninstall and reinstall procedures
To ensure that your AutoCAD®-based product is installed correctly, you want to know more about the recommended uninstall and reinstall procedures.
Whenever possible, it is strongly recommended that you try to repair your installation from the Windows Control Panel before you remove and reinstall your Autodesk software. To perform a repair installation
- On the Start menu (Windows), click Settings > Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Add or Remove Programs (Windows 2000/XP) or Programs and Features (Windows Vista/Windows 7).
- Select the Autodesk product, and then click Change or Modify.
- Follow the prompts to repair/reinstall the software.
If a repair/reinstall from the Control Panel does not resolve the problem, you may need to completely remove the Autodesk software, and then reinstall it. The following solutions describe the uninstall process and the clean reinstallation process. It is strongly recommended that you set a system restore point and/or backup critical data before proceeding. If necessary, contact your system administrator or IT professional for assistance backing up the system.
If you have worked through the standard troubleshooting steps without resolving the issue, follow this link (http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1076646) for additional technical assistance.
Please collect the following information from your system before requesting technical assistance:
- Screenshot or full text of any error messages
- Description of the steps leading to the problem
- Client installation log files from %TEMP%