- The competition is open to all Secondary School students in Singapore.
- The number of students in each team should not be more than 4.
- Each individual or team can submit more than one entry.
- Participants can sketch their design concept with rendering. Software may be used to produce the design concepts, posters and presentation. The design models must be created using Autodesk Inventor.
- Only the best 10 entries selected will need to submit the physical model for the final ranking and prize award.
- The top three winning teams should be prepared to give a short presentation on their winning entries in the next TDC official launch when called upon by the Organising Committee.