Introduction to C++ Custom Symbolizer Workshop
Autodesk® GIS Design Server provides a C++ interface to symbolize GIS data from the Autodesk GIS Design Server database into Autodesk® Map. The use of a custom symbolizer allows developers to create a more complex representation of GIS data in Autodesk Map than is provided in sample rule editor catalogs.
This workshop will provide you with hands-on experience building a simple custom symbolizer in C++. It reinforces basic Autodesk GIS Design Server concepts and gives a more complete understanding of how Autodesk GIS Design Server data is represented in Autodesk Map.
- Why a C++ interface?
- Overview of the symbolization process
- Generic elements in the symbolizer C++ API
- Creating a custom symbolizer
- Symbolizer C++ objects that represent Autodesk GIS Design Server concepts
- Symbolizer C++ drawing primitives
- Symbolizer C++ document management objects
- Autodesk® GIS Design Server Extension for Autodesk Map Level 1 Course
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 and Autodesk® ObjectARX 2000
Duration: 1 day
Cost: $500.00 USD
This course is not yet scheduled. To express interest in future course dates, please send an email to the Enterprise Training Team with the name of the course and city where you'd like to attend.