Working with Tables in AutoCAD 2008
This tutorial outlines the procedures involved in creating a cost estimate table in AutoCAD by linking cost data maintained in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet with properties extracted from an AutoCAD drawing.
Features covered: data extraction, data linking, and table enhancements.
Before you Begin
- Download the table_dataextraction_tutorial.zip file to your hard drive
- Unzip table_dataextraction_tutorial.zip to C:\My Documents\tutorials
- acad_dxtables_tutorials.pdf: PDF file containing the tables tutorial
- cost_estimate.xls: Excel sheet containing cost data for the piping system
- civilplan.dwg: AutoCAD drawing containing xrefs to: civillines.dwg (piping system) and civilbase.dwg (school plan)
- civillines.dwg: AutoCAD drawing containing piping system data
- civilbase.dwg: AutoCAD drawing containing the school plan layout