Autodesk Inventor API
This class is for developers of applications who want to learn the Autodesk® Inventor® Automation API. The course uses Visual Basic, but the API for C++ is similar. The trainer might be able to discuss some C++ specific issues during the class, if required and as time permits. All aspects of the interface are introduced in the course, including new features recently incorporated into Autodesk Inventor.
Developers start by learning about the basics of COM, and how to write simple Visual Basic applications that drive Inventor via its own COM API. The rich set of Autodesk Inventor features available via the API are then introduced and examined.
Third party developers and corporate developers.
Knowledge of Autodesk Inventor. Prior knowledge of the Autodesk Inventor API is not required, however experience with Visual Basic is assumed.
At the completion of this class, participants will be able to:
- Describe the concepts and functions of the APIs
- Identify the categories of APIs available
- Create applications incorporating the Inventor API
- Integrate applications into Inventor and Apprentice Server
- Introduction to Inventors API and Object Model
- Documentation - SDK overview, Help files, Samples, Developer Centers
- General - Apprentice Server, Properties, Attributes, FileFormats, Printing, etc.
- Framework - UI, Application Object, Events, Document handling, Custom Graphics, etc.
- Part Modeling - Sketches, Features, Brep, Facets, Strokes, Ray Intersection, etc.
- Assembly Modeling - Structure, Constraints, Features, etc.
- Common Design - Parameters, Work features, etc.
- Drawing - Sheets, Partslists. etc.
Presentations, sample code (in VB and some C++) and hands-on labs.
Three days of hands-on training.
Note: Due to ongoing updates, content delivered during the class may differ slightly from that described here.