This class is for developers of applications who want to take advantage of Autodesk's object oriented development environment, the AutoCAD Runtime Extension (ObjectARX).
Third party developers, OEM customers, major account developers and prospective development partners.
Knowledge of Object Oriented software development techniques, C++, the Microsoft's Visual C++ development environment. Preferable knowledge of the use of AutoCAD. No prior knowledge of ObjectARX is required.
At the completion of this class, participants will be able to:
- Understand the concepts and functions of the ObjectARX APIs
- Identify the categories of APIs available
- Create applications incorporating the use of ObjectARX
Contents for this class will include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Project Settings - Command Registration
- Use of the ObjectARX Wizard - Input Functions - ObjectARX Component Gallery
- Symbol Tables
- Xrecords - Named Objects Dictionary
- Custom Objects - Extension Dictionary
- Custom Entities - Explore ObjectARX/ObjectDBX
- Transient Reactors
- Additional material if time allows
Tutorial materials, sample code and hands-on labs.
Three days, hands on.
Note: Due to ongoing updates, content delivered during the class may differ slightly from that described here.
Back to Top