Experiential Simulation for Designing Healthcare Environments
November 5-December 5, 2009
UC Berkeley graduate students created an immersive visualization of a local hospital using multiple Autodesk applications, including Autodesk® Revit® Architecture software and unreleased Project Newport software from Autodesk Labs.
Exploration of Autodesk real-time 3D story-building technology was a formative step in the team’s research project, which seeks to revolutionize the practice of visualizing and assessing the usability of healthcare facilities through digitally mediated, interactive environments.
Design and Engineering Solutions
The following products were used in this project:
- Autodesk® Revit® Architecture
- Project Newport software
Graduate students from the UC Berkeley College of Environmental Design, advised by Professor Yehuda Kalay. They include:
- Yungil Lee, PhD, visiting scholar
- Pinar Ayber, master's degree candidate
- HsinHsien Chiu, PhD candidate
- Yu-Chun Huang, PhD candidate
- Yuen-Yu Liao, PhD candidate
- Sooyeon Roise Han, PhD candidate
- Ginette Wessel, PhD candidate