SIGGRAPH 2009: Autodesk Focuses on Providing Value to Customers
NEW ORLEANS, Aug. 3, 2009 — At SIGGRAPH 2009, the world’s largest annual computer graphics convention, Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) has unveiled several initiatives to provide entertainment customers with greater creative capability, value and efficiency in their pipelines. Autodesk is also hosting an extensive Virtual SIGGRAPH event on the AREA, its online community for digital entertainment and visualization – enabling customers around the world with limited time and travel budgets to participate.
New Suites for Digital Entertainment Creation: Offering More than 35 Percent* in Savings
- Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suites: Ideal for handling tough production challenges, these suites include a choice of either Autodesk Maya 2010 software or Autodesk 3ds Max 2010 software, in addition to Autodesk Mudbox 2010 and Autodesk MotionBuilder 2010 software.
- Autodesk Real-Time Animation Suites: Designed for animation-intensive productions, these suites include a choice of either Maya 2010 or 3ds Max 2010, in addition to MotionBuilder 2010.
- Autodesk Education Suite for Entertainment Creation: Helps educators prepare students for professional careers in the increasingly competitive 3D job market. The suite includes access to flexible learning resources, Maya 2010, 3ds Max 2010, MotionBuilder 2010, Mudbox 2010, Autodesk Softimage 2010 and Autodesk SketchBook Pro 2010 software. Available for both institution and student purchase.
- Autodesk Animation Academy 2010 Suite: The suite offers software and curriculum that helps secondary school students learn 3D technology while exploring new ways to visualize ideas. It includes 3ds Max 2010, Maya 2010, MotionBuilder 2010, Mudbox 2010 and SketchBook Pro 2010 software, as well as a Curriculum Resources DVD and access to online community resources.
*International savings may vary.
Launch of Autodesk Maya 2010: One Maya. More Value.
- Autodesk Maya 2010 is a single, integrated and affordable offering that includes advanced simulation and matchmoving capabilities, high-dynamic-range compositing and network rendering.
- Maya 2010 unifies the Autodesk Maya Complete 2009 and Autodesk Maya Unlimited 2009 feature sets.
- Maya 2010 also includes Maya Composite and Autodesk MatchMover, five mental ray for Maya Batch nodes (requires a network license) and Autodesk Backburner render queue manager.
- Maya Complete 2009 and Maya Unlimited 2009 customers with current Subscription are entitled to the Maya 2010 release.
Launch of Autodesk Softimage 2010 Software
- Autodesk Softimage 2010 features an optimized Softimage GigaCore III architecture and an expanded and customizable Interactive Creative Environment (ICE) system.
- Autodesk has also integrated the Face Robot facial rigging and animation toolset into Softimage 2010.
Launch of Autodesk Mudbox 2010 Software
- Autodesk Mudbox 2010 digital sculpting and painting software makes it easier for artists to use Mudbox alongside professional creative tools such as Adobe Photoshop software, Maya, 3ds Max and Softimage.
- The software features new creative tools and workflows, and a software development kit (SDK) that enables production teams to more easily customize and integrate Mudbox into production pipelines.
Launch of Autodesk MotionBuilder 2010 Software
- Autodesk MotionBuilder 2010 real-time 3D character animation software offers faster overall performance, expanded real-time physics capabilities and productivity-enhancing animation workflows.
Launch of Connection Extension for Autodesk 3ds Max 2010 and Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2010
- Delivers new levels of interoperability — based on intelligent data workflows — with design packages from Autodesk and certain third parties.
- Will be available for download to 3ds Max and 3ds Max Design customers on Autodesk Subscription. Not sold separately.
Virtual SIGGRAPH on the AREA, Autodesk’s Digital Entertainment and Visualization Community
- Free MasterClasses, live video streaming from Autodesk’s SIGGRAPH booth (2201) and other exclusive web content.
- Autodesk’s SIGGRAPH launches: Entertainment Suites, Animation Academy 2010, Maya 2010, Softimage 2010, Mudbox 2010, MotionBuilder 2010, Connection Extension for 3ds Max 2010 and 3ds Max Design 2010.
- Maya 2010: A new single, integrated, affordable offering with advanced simulation, matchmoving, compositing and network rendering.
- Autodesk is supporting many SIGGRAPH 2009 events, including FJORG!, GameJam!, The Studio activities and the SIGGRAPH Student Volunteer session.
- As part of the SIGGRAPH Outreach Program, Autodesk donated licenses of Autodesk Animation Academy to help build a computer graphics lab for the students of Algiers Technical Academy.
- Customers will present at Autodesk’s SIGGRAPH booth (2201) on the making of “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs,” “9,” “The Spine”, “GI Joe: The Rise of the Cobra”, commercials for Absolut and Sprint, and the Computer Animation Festival opening animation.
- Autodesk Assistance Program gives unemployed artists 90-day free access to the latest 3ds Max and Maya software releases so they can continue to develop and hone their skills while looking for work.
- Autodesk’s AREA online community has more than a quarter million members.
Autodesk Virtual SIGGRAPH on the AREA: http://area.autodesk.com/siggraph2009
Autodesk Media & Entertainment: www.autodesk.com/me
Read the Product Press Releases: www.autodesk.com/press
Autodesk, Inc., is a world leader in 2D and 3D design software for the manufacturing, construction, and media and entertainment markets. Since its introduction of AutoCAD software in 1982, Autodesk has developed the broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art Digital Prototyping solutions to help customers experience their ideas before they are real. Fortune 1000 companies rely on Autodesk for the tools to visualize, simulate and analyze real-world performance early in the design process to save time and money, enhance quality and foster innovation. For additional information about Autodesk, visit www.autodesk.com.
Autodesk, AutoCAD, Face Robot, MatchMover, Maya, MotionBuilder, Mudbox, Sketchbook, Softimage and 3ds Max are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. mental ray is a registered trademark of mental images GmbH licensed for use by Autodesk, Inc. SIGGRAPH is a registered trademark of the Association of Computing Machinery, Inc. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product offerings and specifications at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document. © 2009 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.