Autodesk Certified Apps Program
The Autodesk Certified Apps Program is a NEW program offered to Autodesk Developer Network (ADN) members with applications that offer the highest level of quality, integration, and compatibility with select Autodesk products and releases. This program replaces the existing Autodesk Inventor Certified Apps program.The program currently covers Autodesk products that primarily target manufacturing customers, including Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Vault, and some Autodesk Simulation products.
Getting your apps certified gives you increased exposure and differentiation to Autodesk customers and the extended Autodesk sales team (Autodesk sales and resellers), in addition to receiving greater sales, marketing, and technical support.
The new Autodesk Certified Apps Program will be announced to Autodesk customers and resellers during the global launch of Autodesk 2014 products (spring calendar year 2013). However, effectively immediately we are inviting you to apply to the certification program in order to have sufficient lead-time for your apps to undergo certification.
Below is a highlight of just some of the benefits:
Autodesk Certified Apps Program Benefits
| “Autodesk Certified App" logo|
| Preference in promoting your app through the Autodesk Exchange Apps Store and other channels|
| Support for press release, newsletters, and speaking opportunities|
| Priority in participation at Autodesk-sponsored events such as Autodesk University (AU) and One Team Conference (OTC)|
|Greater visibility to Autodesk sales and resellers through webinars, newsletters, and introductions|
|Greater access to Autodesk technical support and product training |
If you are an ADN member with an app that meets the certification criteria for the relevant Autodesk product, you are invited to apply. A key requirement is for your app to provide an integrated experience, which includes at least one of the below:
- In window integration. Your app has a full or part in-window presence within the product, beyond just launching from the ribbon
- Your app is able to directly open native Autodesk product files and maintain associativity between the native Autodesk product files and app specific data. Maintaining associativity means that the app informs the user of changes to the original Autodesk product file to assist the user in managing updates
Your app also needs to maintain compatibility with the latest annual release of the relevant Autodesk product in addition to compatibility with the previous release (support for two releases).
How to Apply
Apply to have your app certified by clicking here.
The remaining steps for certification include:
- Autodesk confirms eligibility and schedules a follow on review to have you demo the app
- Autodesk performs additional testing and notifies you of the result
- Apps that pass the certification process receive an Autodesk Certified App logo along with the above benefit
- Autodesk will provide recommended corrections for apps that do not pass
- To view Frequently Asked Questions on the Autodesk Certified Apps Program, click here
- View the Autodesk Certified Apps Program brief here
- For additional questions, contact Autodesk at: CertifiedAppsProgram@autodesk.com
- View the Autodesk Logo License Agreement here