Jonathan Knowles serves as a senior advisor to the CEO and CTO at Autodesk. He explores the frontier of beyond the horizon technologies, provides insight on the evolving role of design-driven applied innovation, and conducts fieldwork to help solve some of the world's most complex problems. He is a creative thinker who researches the intersections between technology and global trends, bringing the arts, science and technology together, and connecting people and ideas.
Jonathan serves as the Diving Safety Officer (DSO) for Autodesk Maritime Research & Development, supervising diving expeditions, defining standards for training and certification of Autodesk research and scientific divers, and managing the operation of the Autodesk diving program.
A respected voice on future trends, long-range vision, and creating the preferred future, he advises Fortune Global 500 senior executives, government leaders, and tier-one academics around the world. His expertise keeps him in dialog with designers, engineers, scientists, educators, and others seeking to imagine, design, and create a better world.
Prior to joining Autodesk, Knowles held senior positions at Adobe and Apple.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Federation of American Scientists
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- American Society for Gravitational and Space Biology
- Marine Technology Society
- The Oceanography Society
- American Academy of Underwater Sciences
- American Geophysical Union
- Institute for Molecular Manufacturing (Fellow)
- The Explorers Club
- Royal Geographic Society with the Institute of British Geographers (Fellow)
- Society for Science & the Public
- Geospatial Information and Technology Association
- Cartography and Geographical Information Society
- Society for College Science Teachers
- National Science Teachers Association
- The Long Now Foundation
- IEEE (Nanotechnology, Robotics, Biological Engineering, Ocean Engineering)
- The Police Foundation (Board Member)
- Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association
- National Defense Industrial Association
- National Military Intelligence Association (Life Member)
Download hi-res image for print