Jonathan Knowles is a senior advisor to the CEO and CTO at Autodesk providing insight on the intersection of emerging technologies and social trends, the impact of discontinuous innovation and beyond the horizon technologies. He is a creative thinker who explores the connections between technology and global trends, bringing the arts, science and technology together, and connecting people and ideas. Knowles is the host of Autodesk IDEAS: The Innovation + Design Series conference, a regular participant at e.g. and TED, and serves as a Visioneer for the X Prize Foundation. His expertise keeps him in dialog with designers, engineers, architects, scientists, educators, and others seeking to imagine, design, and create a better world.
Knowles is regularly invited to deliver advisory briefings to Fortune Global 500 senior executives, government leaders, and tier-one academics around the world concerning the future of technology and its implications.
Prior to joining Autodesk, Knowles held senior positions at Adobe and Apple.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Federation of American Scientists
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- American Society for Gravitational and Space Biology
- Marine Technology Society
- The Oceanography Society
- Institute for Molecular Manufacturing (Fellow)
- Royal Geographic Society with the Institute of British Geographers (Fellow)
- Society for Science & the Public
- Geospatial Information and Technology Association
- Cartography and Geographical Information Society
- Society for College Science Teachers
- National Science Teachers Association
- IEEE (Nanotechnology, Robotics, Biological Engineering, Ocean Engineering)
- The Police Foundation (Board Member)
- Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association
- National Defense Industrial Association
- National Military Intelligence Association (Life Member)
Download hi-res image for print