Jonathan Knowles is a senior advisor to the CEO and CTO at Autodesk providing thought leadership and insight on the intersection of emerging technologies and social trends, the impact of discontinuous innovation, and beyond the horizon technologies.
Knowles is a former faculty member of the Claremont Colleges and lifelong learner from the University of California, Harvard, and Cornell. Knowles serves on the faculty of Singularity University at NASA Ames Research Park as Chair of the Design Track, is a Visioneer for the X Prize Foundation, host of Autodesk IDEAS: The Innovation + Design Series conference, and a regular participant at e.g. and TED.
Knowles is regularly invited to deliver advisory briefings to Fortune Global 500 senior executives, government leaders, and tier-one academics around the world concerning the future of technology and its societal implications. As a primary spokesperson for Autodesk, Knowles is a popular speaker at enterprise, government, education, press, and analyst events focusing on making the complex understandable. He has also been a featured speaker at conferences throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and Africa.
Prior to joining Autodesk, Knowles held senior strategy and management positions at Adobe and Apple.
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- American Society for Gravitational and Space Biology
- Design Chair, Singularity University
- Fellow, Institute for Molecular Manufacturing
- American Council of Engineering Companies
- Fellow, Royal Geographic Society with the Institute of British Geographers
- Geospatial Information and Technology Association
- Cartography and Geographical Information Society
- The Police Foundation
- Police Futurists International
- Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association
- National Defense Industrial Association
- National Military Intelligence Association
Download hi-res image for print