As of March 2011, SAMreport-Lite was no longer distributed with any Autodesk portfolio product or Suite, either within Electronic Software downloads, or on physical media such as USB thumb drives or DVDs. SAMreport-Lite and supporting documentation will continue to be provided as a downloadable utility from the link provided below.
A version of SAMreport called SAMreport-Lite is available to help you track network license usage. SAMreport-Lite provides some of the features from SAMreport, a report-writing product made by Flexera®. Using SAMreport-Lite, you can generate a network license-usage report, called "Usage Summary," for Autodesk software that uses FLEXnet licensing technology. SAMreport-Lite generates usage summary reports in a variety of output formats including HTML, text, and Report Interchange Format.
Set Up Your License File for SAMreport-Lite
1. Get Your License Server Host ID (Ethernet address)
To obtain the host ID of your license servers, you must run the lmtools.exe utility installed on your license server as part of the FLEXnet installation:
- Locate and run lmtools.exe.
- Choose the Systems Settings tab.
- Locate the Ethernet Address field. Write down the Host ID.
Note: If your server has more than one Ethernet adapter, select one that corresponds to a physical network adapter.
- Exit lmtools.exe.
2. Get Your License File for SAMreport-Lite
In order to receive your license file for SAMreport-Lite, click on the link below.
Note: You will need a license file for each license server used to manage your licenses.
Get License File
3. Configure Your License File
After going through the registration process with Globetrotter and entering your Host ID, you will receive your license file in an email. In order to configure this license file you need to complete the following steps:
- Copy the contents of the license file from the email to a text editor.
- Save the file to a local directory. You can use any name, but it must have a .lic or .dat extension.
NOTE: You must have administrative privileges on your Microsoft Windows operating system to complete the installation process.
- On the computer, close all software applications and log on as Administrator.
- Download and unzip the setup_win.zip file to a local temp directory (see below for download information).
- Double-click jre-6u18-windows-i586 and follow instructions to install Java Runtime Environment.
- After Java Runtime Environment is successfully installed, double-click setup_win.exe and follow the installation instructions.
- After SAMreport-Lite is successfully installed, create a desktop shortcut as follows:
- right click on desktop, click New and then Shortcut.
- Browse to “C:\Program Files\Macrovision\samreport\report.exe” and then append it with the following string: -- -javaver 1.6.0_18. It should look like this:
“C:\Program Files\Macrovision\samreport\ report.exe” -- -javaver 1.6.0_18
- Click OK.
- To start SAMreport-Lite click the desktop shortcut that you created.
Follow the link below to download SAMreport-Lite. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) files are also included in the compressed .zip file.
Follow the link below to download a version of the Java Runtime Environment that will allow installation of SAMReport-Lite on Windows 7.
SAMreport-Lite for Windows 7
Page updated September 2013