Autodesk Showcase Hardware Certification FAQ
1. Where can I find pre-2012 certification results?
You can find certification results for prior releases of Autodesk® Showcase® software at the Showcase Certified Hardware link.
2. What should I know about Autodesk Showcase hardware certification process?In Autodesk testing, Showcase was capable of running in NVIDIA® SLI mode but did not show significantly improved operation. Showcase requires a minimum of 512 MB graphics memory (768 MB or more recommended). Graphics cards with less than 512 MB should not be used with Showcase.Graphics cards with 512MB may experience performance and stability problems when working with Showcase scenes with large or complex models or textures. These problems may occur more frequently when other graphics-intensive applications are running concurrently.
Examples of scenes that may require more memory are:
3Dconnexion® SpaceNavigator® 3D mouse - 3Dconnexion Space Navigator and similar 3D mouse input devices are now fully supported.Game controller/joystick support: Logitech® Rumblepad® is supported. Other game controller or HID devices may also work but are currently unsupported.
- Scenes with a large number of polygons or individual objects
- Scenes with high resolution environment textures
- Scenes with high resolution textures on materials, decals, and or ambient shadows.
3. What if I am using Recommended or Certified graphics hardware and still have issues?
If you are experiencing display issues not described in this FAQ, you can visit our Knowledge Base or contact customer support.
4. How can I contact Autodesk’s Hardware Certification group to report a problem with Recommended or Certified graphics hardware?
To report problems directly to the Hardware Certification group, use the Report a Problem form.
Autodesk and Showcase are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document. © 2011 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.