Autodesk 3ds Max Hardware Certification FAQ
1. Where can I find pre-2012 certification results?
You can find certification results for prior releases of Autodesk® 3ds Max® software at the 3ds Max Certified Hardware link.
2. Which products does the Autodesk 3ds Max graphics hardware certification cover?
|Autodesk Product Family ||2012||2013|
|Autodesk® 3ds Max®|
|Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design|
3. Does the 3ds Max hardware certification apply to advantage packs?
Yes, graphics hardware certification covers the following:
- Autodesk 3ds Max
- Subscription Advantage
- Autodesk 3ds Max Design Subscription Advantage Pack
4. Why don’t Ambient Occlusion and Tone mapping work in Autodesk 3ds Max?
Some hardware shading features such as Ambient Occlusion and Tone Mapping (high level Scene Effects) are incompatible with the most current graphics hardware.
5. Which software modes does Autodesk use in the 3ds Max graphics hardware certification process?
Certification testing for graphics hardware is done using Direct3D® mode and Nitrous® mode. Autodesk does not use OpenGL® mode when conducting certification tests, and even Recommended or Certified graphics hardware may experience issues when used in OpenGL® mode.
6. Which version of DirectX® does Autodesk use in the 3ds Max graphics hardware certification process?
Certification testing for graphics hardware is done using DirectX® 9.0c on Windows XP, Windows Vista® and Windows 7®. At this time, Autodesk does not conduct certification testing using DirectX 10.0 or 11.0.
7. Does Autodesk use dual monitors in the 3ds Max graphics hardware certification process?
Certification testing for graphics hardware is performed on both single and dual screen configurations at resolution of 1920x1200 (60Hz each).
8. What if I am using Recommended or Certified graphics hardware and still have issues?
If you are experiencing display issues not described in this FAQ, please switch to single screen at resolution of 1920x1200 (60Hz). You can also visit our Knowledge Base or contact customer support.
9. How do I contact Autodesk’s Hardware Certification group to report a problem with Recommended or Certified graphics hardware?
To report problems directly to the Hardware Certification group, use the Report a Problem form.
Autodesk and 3ds Max are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document. © 2011 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.