Join the AREA
The AREA (www.the-area.com) is a digital entertainment and visualization community where artists and developers can share their work, expertise or opinions. In addition, members can search for jobs or staff and find great resources for the Autodesk products they are passionate about. With more than 300,000 members, the AREA is one of the best places for artists using Autodesk media and entertainment or design visualization products to learn, share and discuss their craft — both with their peers and with people at Autodesk. Membership is free.
The site includes:
- Tutorials & Tips for beginner, intermediate and advanced users
- Downloads for textures, shaders, plug-ins, scripts and more
- Showcase section of image and movie galleries, and member portfolios
- In-house section featuring customer stories, videos, and “Behind the Screenz” interviews that focus on technical aspects in production pipelines
- Blogs—from Autodesk product development as well as community members
- Discussion Forums
Get more out of your Autodesk® Mudbox™ software experience using the Mudbox online community designed exclusively for Mudbox users. The Mudbox Community is an on-line resource integrated directly into Mudbox where users can find and share stamps, stencils, base models, tutorials, and view works-in-progress and final renders. Members can share their work with other users for valuable peer reviews without ever having to leave their work environment.
- Browse and access a library containing stamps, stencils and base meshes for download – you can also upload your own
- Upload gallery images and turntables for viewing
- Browse the Mudbox forums on The AREA and share ideas
- Rate other members’ work and gain recognition from your peers
Communicate with other users of Mudbox, post questions, and exchange ideas at The AREA's Mudbox Discussion Forum.
Subscribe to the Autodesk® Animation Newsletter
Issued every two months, the Animation Newsletter connects you to the animation community at www.the-area.com. Get the latest tutorials, and learn all the news about Autodesk® 3ds Max®, Autodesk® Maya®, Autodesk® Softimage, Autodesk® MotionBuilder®, and Autodesk Mudbox™ software.