Measure & Verify
- Ensure systems are performing as designed once the building is in operation and prior to occupancy.
- Train building operators on how to maintain systems.
Document necessary energy-efficient building information to obtain desired certifications, such as LEED®.
Use the building information model for operational and renovation purposes.
Measurement & Verification
Measure and verify that systems work according to plan 12 months following occupancy.
Interview building occupants to determine how the building is performing.
Energy STAR Certification
After a full year of operation, enter annual electric and fuel use into the U.S. EPA ENERGY STAR® system for benchmarking and certification with trained auditors.
Tenant Improvement Analysis Model
Ensure that an energy and water analysis model is used for all tenant improvement projects.
Employ the digital record of the building, enabled by the BIM process, to improve a project’s energy efficiency, reduce waste, and lower operating costs over the building life cycle.
- Paperless as-builts.
- Models for energy and water analysis.
- Review how BIM solutions provide an opportunity for owners and operators to better foster efficiencies, sustainability, and quality improvements throughout the building life cycle.
- Building Commissioning Association
- USGBC LEED NC Reference Guide
- IPMVP Volume III
- ASHRAE 55-2004
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency ENERGY STAR
Create a central repository for all project information with more secure, on-demand access.
- Automate business processes and reporting.
- Monitor performance and project status.
- Address changes and more accurately forecast cost to complete.
Autodesk Revit Architecture
Design, document, and visualize the project’s physical and functional characteristics.
Autodesk Green Building Studio
Conduct whole-building energy, water, and carbon emission analysis.*
Autodesk Revit MEP
Perform calculations to help determine peak heating and cooling loads and measure the impact of varying amounts of outside air, the level of filtration, and other HVAC analysis functions natively within Autodesk® Revit® MEP software.
HVAC Load Calculation Extension for AutoCAD MEP
Measure the impact of varying amounts of outside air, the level of filtration, and other HVAC analysis functions using the HVAC Load Calculation Extension.