Optimize material use and minimize site disruption during construction.
The construction of buildings and infrastructure can place a great deal of stress on the environment. But with proper planning and execution, construction professionals can facilitate more sustainable building by reducing the carbon emissions of equipment, minimizing the disruption of land or natural hydrology, optimizing material use, and properly disposing of waste.
|Design Decisions||How To||Autodesk Tools|
Take advantage of machine automation to minimize site impact and carbon emissions.
Deploy on-site bins for sorting and recycling construction waste.
Erosion & Pollution Control
Implement and monitor strategies to control pollution and erosion on-site.
- Earthwork volume calculations
- Cut-and-fill analysis
- Machine-control automation
USGBC LEED® NC Reference Guide
AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Evaluate multiple earthwork scenarios to help balance cut-and-fill and minimize trucking of soil around and off the site.
- Deliver design files for use in GPS machine-controlled construction equipment to help save time and fuel.
Simulate construction schedules by linking to the 3D data and to view interferences in time and space.
Staging & Sequencing
Minimize site disruption and reduce equipment operating time.
Execute coordinated material and build schedules using building information modeling (BIM).
Building Component Fabrication
Communicate with fabricators to ensure quality and determine arrival of various building components.
|Employ a BIM process to enable collaboration with fabricators and to better communicate design intent.|
Autodesk Revit Architecture
- Design, document, and visualize building components.
- Evaluate potential constructability, fit, and cost issues earlier in the design process using coordinated intelligent data within the building model.
Design with engineering-level detail and achieve greater predictability and control of design intent.
Create compelling, descriptive content and link to schedules to more quickly demonstrate design-and-build options.
AutoCAD Structural Detailing
Extend structural design information for the fabrication of steel and concrete reinforcement.
Electronically manage and share documents among internal and external stakeholders.
Use the coordinated, consistent information in the building information model to help optimize resources, costs, and schedule.Employ a digital model of the project to coordinate information, processes, costs, and schedule across the building life cycle.
Create a central repository for all project information with more secure, on-demand access.
- Automate business processes and reporting.
- Monitor performance and project status.
- Address changes and more accurately forecast completion costs.